classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Status of gnujaxp

From: Nic
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Status of gnujaxp
Date: 07 Jul 2003 23:08:03 +0100

Arnaud Vandyck <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a plan to release a new version of gnujaxp?

Yes.

> Is the build system complete?

No.

> Is the build system 'clean'? I  mean is it still make or automakejar? Is
> it possible to remove the one that is not used?

The new build system will be based on jarcompiler. This won't matter
to unix people, jarcompiler is very basic bourne shell so should work
just about everywhere.

If an ant script is wanted (for windoze hackers) we'll put one in.

> Previously, 'javadoc' was used to make the doc. It is non-free software,
> is there a plan to use gjdoc?

Yes.

> If there is still somework to do on gnujaxp, I'd be glad to participate,
> you can assign some tasks to avdyk at Savannah.
>
> Note: I have nearly complete the update of servletapi.

Excellent!

Please bear with me. I have been extreemly busy for the last year. I
now have a second small baby to contend with.

But I am getting round to all my classpathx duties. We do now (at
least) have a very satisfactory build system

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk