Re: Missing AWT peer

From: Andreas Rueckert
Subject: Re: Missing AWT peer
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:48:45 +0200

Hi!

On Mon, 15 Okt 2001 Jeff Sturm wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Andreas Rueckert wrote:
> > It seems everything is there. But shouldn't the compile of the Gtk peer lib
> > fail anyway, if one of the libs is missing?
>
> Not necessarily.  Any paths seen by ld (e.g. with -L) will not be
> automatically searched by the loader (assuming an ELF target).
>
> So each lib directory must be one of the "system" lib dirs or mentioned in
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH, unless you also link with -rpath.

All these libs are in /etc/ld.so.conf , so it should work. Is there any way to
get additional info what lib is missing?

I honestly think that Classpath is ridiculously complex to install. I guess
you're doing a great job, but as it is, noone will notice. Have you ever
thought of creating RPMs for popular Linux distros, or so?

Ciao,
Andreas