Re: Missing AWT peer

From: Andreas Rueckert
Subject: Re: Missing AWT peer
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 12:49:26 +0200

Hi!

On Mon, 15 Okt 2001 Brian Jones wrote:
> Andreas Rueckert <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > > I don't see a System.loadLibrary in that class.  This is a "maybe"
> > > problem in a number of the gtk classes.  Obviously something is going
> > > to load it and the rest don't really need to do so but maybe putting
> > > this in all the relevant classes is just safer?
> >
> > Sorry, I'm not really into Classpath, so I'm a bit slow here. You think,
> > that
> >
> >   static native void gtkInit();
> >   native void gtkMain();
> >
> > in gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/GtkMainThread.java are the problem. These
> > methods are part of the Gtk library?
>
> No, there is a library that should be created during compilation
> called libgtkpeer.so.  There is no System.loadLibrary("gtkpeer") in
> that class.

And you think it should be there? If you have to load the library, shouldn't
the call rather be done in GtkGenericPeer ? GtkMainThread extends that class.

> Your error could also be because LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> (Solaris/Linux) did not point to a directory with libgtkpeer.so in it.

Don't think so...
=======================================
address@hidden andreas]$ /sbin/ldconfig -p | grep -i gtk
        libobgtk.so.1 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libobgtk.so.1
        libobgtk.so (libc6) => /usr/lib/libobgtk.so
        libgtkxmhtml.so.1 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libgtkxmhtml.so.1
        libgtkxmhtml.so (libc6) => /usr/lib/libgtkxmhtml.so
        libgtkpeer.so.0 (libc6) =>
/usr/local/OSS_JDK/classpath/lib/classpath/libgtkpeer.so.0
        libgtkpeer.so (libc6) =>
/usr/local/OSS_JDK/classpath/lib/classpath/libgtkpeer.so
        libgtk.so.1 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libgtk.so.1
        libgtk.so (libc6) => /usr/lib/libgtk.so
        libgtk-1.2.so.0 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0
        libgnorbagtk.so.0 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libgnorbagtk.so.0
        libgnorbagtk.so (libc6) => /usr/lib/libgnorbagtk.so
=======================================

There's a FrameTest.java file in the testsuite. Does this test work for you?

> > BTW: At this time, there's no configure switch to compile Classpath
> > for ORP, so you have to use the japhar or jdk includes for jni? Will
> > you add a with-orp switch at some point or is there a good reason
> > not to do so?
>
> Going to try to take out the VM switches completely.

But you have to get the JNI stuff from somewhere and the Classpath tools dir is
of no use at all on my box.

Ciao,
Andreas