Re: Missing AWT peer

From: Andreas Rueckert
Subject: Re: Missing AWT peer
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:03:02 +0200

Hi!

On Mon, 15 Okt 2001 Brian Jones wrote:

--<snip>--

> > How can I get more info on the problem? The libgtkpeer is in the
> > dynamic linker path, so that should work.
>
> I don't see a System.loadLibrary in that class.  This is a "maybe"
> problem in a number of the gtk classes.  Obviously something is going
> to load it and the rest don't really need to do so but maybe putting
> this in all the relevant classes is just safer?

Sorry, I'm not really into Classpath, so I'm a bit slow here. You think, that

  static native void gtkInit();
  native void gtkMain();

in gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/GtkMainThread.java are the problem. These methods are
part of the Gtk library?

BTW: At this time, there's no configure switch to compile Classpath for ORP, so
you have to use the japhar or jdk includes for jni? Will you add a with-orp
switch at some point or is there a good reason not to do so?

Ciao,
Andreas