Re: Missing AWT peer

From: Andreas Rueckert
Subject: Re: Missing AWT peer
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 15:49:54 +0200

Hi!

On Mon, 15 Okt 2001 Brian Jones wrote:

--<snip>--

> No, there is a library that should be created during compilation
> called libgtkpeer.so.  There is no System.loadLibrary("gtkpeer") in
> that class.  Your error could also be because LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> (Solaris/Linux) did not point to a directory with libgtkpeer.so in it.

The only System.loadLibrary("gtkpeer") call I could find, is in
gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/GtkToolkit.java
I also checked the gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/TestAWT.java
file and it sets the toolkit with
=======================================
  public static void main(String args[])
  {
    if (args.length==0)
      {
        Properties prop = System.getProperties ();
        prop.put ("awt.toolkit", "gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit");
      }
    MainWindow f = new MainWindow();
    f.show();
  }
This app fails with the same problems on my box.

Ciao,
Andreas