Re: [Chicken-users] egg upgrading

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] egg upgrading
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 11:10:25 -0500

Also note: when installing from disk, chicken-setup will not reorder
installation to satisfy dependencies.  Therefore, you should install,
for example, syntax-case and regex-case first, as they are required
for compilation of certain extensions.  This is also true for certain
syntax extensions such as "synch" -- it is required by sqlite3, but if
it is not installed before sqlite3, chicken will incorrectly compile
the synch macros as procedure calls.

The bottom line is that "chicken-setup *.egg" is unlikely to work and
you will have to manually reorder the eggs.  Ultimately, it might be
worth it to extend chicken-setup to look for required eggs on disk
(possibly only from the set given on the command line).  I might look
into this as I've been installing eggs from SVN and encountered this
issue a couple times.

On 7/24/06, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
On 7/24/06, Dan <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have just installed the new release of Chicken, and
> am about to install the eggs. I have preserved the
> .egg files from previous installations. Luckily,
> chicken-setup uses local files when available.
> However, how do I know which .egg files (on my disk)
> are up-to-date and which are not? "chicken-setup -C"
> only checks for upgrades for installed eggs.
>
> Yes, I *could* just install all local eggs, then run
> chicken-setup -C, but I happen to be stuck with a very
> slow laptop for a few days.

Hm. You probably have to unpack the eggs and check the
versions in the included html docs (at least for those which
have one).

--
http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp