certi-devel

[certi-dev] startRegistrationForObjectClass Callback missing?

From: Jan-Patrick Osterloh
Subject: [certi-dev] startRegistrationForObjectClass Callback missing?
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 17:09:37 +0200

Dear all,

we've got a question concerning the startRegistrationForObjectClass
callback in CERTi when using HLA 1516-2000.

First of all a Federate A must enableClassRelevanceAdvisorySwitch in
order to get the callback startRegistrationForObjectClass. Then it must
publish e.g. an ObjectClass X. If later on a Federate B joins the same
federation as Federate A and subscribes to ObjectClass X then Federate A
will get the callback  startRegistrationForObjectClass from RTI. This
works fine with current CVS version of CERTi 1516.

But what is if this two federates join the same federation the other way
round? Federate B joins the federation and subscribes to ObjectClass X.
Later on Federate A joins the federation and publishes ObjectClass X.
Shouldn't get Federate A the callback startRegistrationForObjectClass in
this context as well? The current CVS version of CERTi 1516 doesn't do
so. In other words, the RTI doesn't "remember" that a Federate has
subscribed to ObjectClass X when another federate publishes the already
subscribed ObjectClass X later on.

Is the RTI intended to do so or is this simply a bug? In the bug tracker
I found only a hint in bug #29453 to the callback but we think this on
is obsolete as the callback is already implemented (at least partly).

Another question is about the implementation status of the callback
turnUpdatesOnForObjectInstance which is normally activated with
enableAttributeRelevanceAdvisroySwitch. We've seen that the switches are
already implemented but due to this document

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/*checkout*/certi/doc/CERTI-HLA-ImplementationStatusList.ods?root=certi

the turnUpdates* callback are still missing. Is there someone working on
or is it possible to make a kind of feature request for that?

Kind regards
Stefan & Jan-Patrick