bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: Marks

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: Marks
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 05:20:27 +0100

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:
>
>> a) we should leave the marks after commands (customizable),
>
> Why?  I think in the most common use case, you will mark
> some tracks, run some command on them, and then no longer
> care about the marking.  That suggests that the default
> behavior should be to have commands "use up" the marking.

Ah well, that was my original plan. I must be tired, because I thought
you wanted the marks there like they are now. Let's change that one to
"we should remove the marks after commands" then.

>> c) Unmarking all saves the marks, or we can have a separate command.
>> d) We use the `* *' command because it's handy.
>
> Having an unmark all command separate from `* *' would
> be redundant, I think.

Other commands would unmark everything, that was what I meant. I agree
it's a little redundant (but sometimes it's good to have more than one
way to do things.)

>> I'm profiling the code, and I see bottlenecks in
>> `bongo-line-internal-infoset' and `bongo-line-get-property'.
>> The latter is called a lot of times all over the place.
>> We could use a little optimization here.
>
> Interesting.

I don't have a plan for this now, though.