bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Linux CDs [was:Re: broadband connection]

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Linux CDs [was:Re: broadband connection]
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 03:58:08 +0200

On Monday 02 February 2004 19:56, Platoali wrote:

> until now I've just downloaded the  CDs that I would like to have
> (including 5 CD of sarge and slackware9.1(3cd) and and Knoppix 3.3.)

I have downloaded a number of Linux distros and have brought them with
myself to Tehran. So I guess maybe we should/can sync our archives
together, so that we don't waste our time doing something duplicate. I
have the following CDs in my possession:

Byzantine OS (1 CD, Mozilla based live CD)
WhiteBox Linux 3.0 (3 CDs, is a legal rip of RedHat Enterprise 3.0)
MEPIS Linux (2 CD, Live CD and additional software)
Knoppix 3.3 (1 Live CD)
Shabdix (زیره به کرمان آوردن! (
Morphix 0.41 Ligh GUI (XFCE 4.0) (1 Live CD)
Morphix 0.41 Game Edition (1 Live CD)
Slackware Linux 9.1 (2 CD)
Fedora Core 1 (3 CD)
Xandros 1.0 (2 CD) (Yeah, I don't have the new version)
Lycoris Amethys Update 3 (Public Version) (1 CD) (No Development tools)
Mandrake Linux 9.2 (3 CD)
MandrakeMove (1 Live CD) (Mandrake based Live CD)
PClinuxOS 2k4 Review 3 (1 Live CD) (Mandrake based Live CD)
Gentoo Linux (Basic Live CD)(you have the fetch most of it from net)
Vector Linux 2 (1 CD) (Slackware based simple distro)
Gnoppix 0.6 Beta 4 (1 Live CD) (Knoppix with Gnome)
Aurox 9.2 (1 Live CD) (A European RedHat based distro)
Aurox 9.9 (Beta) (1 Live CD)
Ark Linux (5 CD) (KDE-minded RedHat Based distro, work of Bezos)
College Linux 2.5 (1 CD) (European Slackware based distro)
Sentinix 0.70.5 (1 Live CD) (for intrusion detection and monitoring)
PHLAK 0.2-1 (1 Live CD) (Security enhanced distro)
Libranet 2.8.0 (2 CD) (Debian based distro)
debian-installer for Sarge (beta 2) (1 pretty useless CD)
Debian Woody 3.0 (8 CD) (Everyone already has it!)
Bonzai Linux (1 CD) (small Debian based desktop OS)
Flonix (1 CD) (compact OS)
Slax (1 Live CD) (Slackware Based Live CD)

Other than these, I also have the following software, which are not
Linux related, but might be of interest to some:

The OpenCD (a number of high quality Open Source software for win32)
OpenDarwin 6.6 for x86 (Apple's Open Source kernel of Mac OS X)
Project Gutenburg (Compilation of public domain books)
IBM Linux Software Evaluation Kit 2003 (4 CD)
BeOS 5PE Max Edition V3 (Added software and driver to BeOS 5)

Take a look at this list, and don't download stuff that I already have.
We shall also start talking about how I can give these CDs to
interested individuals. Currently I have no plans as to how this task
should be done.

Cheers

--
<!--  People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That
is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and

Aryan Ameri