bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Re: broadband connection

From: Platoali
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Re: broadband connection
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 21:26:05 +0330

Hi,

sorry for being late. from Thursday until now I was not able to connect from
home to the net. At nearby a bulldozer had cut about 1000 telephone line
including my number and  it took about 4 days to reestablish the connections.

>azeiny  wrote:
>How do you know, that FTP is open or running???

I know that there is no firewall closing ftp port in Redhat box or LAN. I
don't know the service is running or not. but I've looked at init.d directory
and did not find any demon related to the ftp service.

On Sunday 01 February 2004 18:37, Kaveh Mousavi wrote:
> Platoali,
> What happened to your downloaded CDs?
> Do you want any other help or you as able to write
> them?
>
> Can you tell which CDs you have downloaded? and can I
> have a copy?
>
> Hae you downloaded aurox 9.2 (3CDs)?
>
> thank you,
> KMZ

until now I've just downloaded the  CDs that I would like to have (including 5
CD of sarge and slackware9.1(3cd) and and Knoppix 3.3.)

I will go to the university on Wednesday. if you want something just write to
me i will download them. (I will download aurox 9.2)

I was thinking to took my cdwriter and write all CDs at once ( I think it
would be Saturday or sunday)

If any one with a good knowledge of networking wants to help, We can arrange a
time and go to the site.

best regards
Platoali