bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Re: broadband connection

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Re: broadband connection
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 13:32:15 -0500

God, no offense meant, but no one here knows that ftp is usually
run by xinetd so is not in /etc/init.d?  Simply run ntsysv and
find something with ftp in the name and start it.  Then go to
command line and stop any firewall you may have by
/etc/init.d/ipchains stop; /etc/init.d/iptables stop;  Then I bet
a million your problem is solved.

Did you even bothered yourself do a simple Search The Engine
(STFE)?  Looked anywhere?  Or just keep saying that on my machine
in my home it works and I didn't touched that, in their machine
in my univ it doesn't work and I didn't touched that either, so
that should be a conspiracy going on somewhere blah blah blah...

Hope your problem solved,
behdad