RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: User interface,TeXmacs and Axiom

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: User interface,TeXmacs and Axiom
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:18:26 -0400

On Thursday, April 13, 2006 5:07 PM Pierre Doucy wrote:

> Even if diversity is a good thing, Bob has a point.
> That's very good news if people want to hack stuff around
> Axiom, but it there is not a clear line, like an official
> GUI, an official SCM, etc...

Well, this is the developer email list ... :)

> I must admit that Axiom's offering is confusing. I don't
> think newcomers (and people in general) like to have the
> choice. The first time I came across axiom, I wanted a quick
> way to give it a try, not having to make endless decisions
> without really knowing which is best.

A lot of people are apparently learning about Axiom and
giving it a try for the first time at:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org

(Click SandBox)

Of course people also want something at their own desks
so we try to make it easy to download and install a
"standard" version of Axiom that includes the traditional
hyperdoc tools and graphics if possible (not yet possible
for Windows users). I don't think new users really need to
spend much time worrying about which is best.