Re: [avrdude-dev] Build under Cygwin & Auto Tools versions

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Build under Cygwin & Auto Tools versions
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 12:58:13 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Alex Shepherd wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm just trying to get a working Cygwin build environment again. Mine
> got trashed trying to get OpenSSH working (DLL version clashes) due to
> the recent CVS requirements change.
>
> Anyway I now have WinCVS and Putty SSH working and managed to get a cvs
> checkout.
>
> The last time I tried to bootstrap from a CVS checkout, there was some
> problem to do with versions on the auto* tools and running the configure
> script.
>
> What versions of the auto tools should I try and get to successfully run
> the bootstrap and generate the configure script?

Have a look at the bootstrap script. I'm using automake 1.7.9 though.

Attached is a wrapper script for bootstrap which I use to make sure the
right versions are found on my system since I have many versions of the
tools installed.

I have no experience with cygwin, so I can't really add anything more.

Ted Roth