[avrdude-dev] Build under Cygwin & Auto Tools versions

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Build under Cygwin & Auto Tools versions
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:33:01 +1300

Hi Guys,

I'm just trying to get a working Cygwin build environment again. Mine
got trashed trying to get OpenSSH working (DLL version clashes) due to
the recent CVS requirements change.

Anyway I now have WinCVS and Putty SSH working and managed to get a cvs
checkout.

The last time I tried to bootstrap from a CVS checkout, there was some
problem to do with versions on the auto* tools and running the configure
script.

What versions of the auto tools should I try and get to successfully run
the bootstrap and generate the configure script?

What autotools versions are other Cygwin users using successfully?

Cheers

Alex