Re: [avr-gcc-list] inline debugging stk200/stk500 and gdb 5.x

From: Theodore Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] inline debugging stk200/stk500 and gdb 5.x
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:17:29 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,

Avr-mon needs to be updated to use the gdb remote serial protocol. The
protocol is implemented in simulavr in the gdb.c file. I've looked at
bringing avr-mon up-to-date with the current gdb and it looks straight
forward but slightly involved since I didn't do a great job of
separating gdb.c from simulavr internals.

If enough people are loud enough with requests, I will tackle it. ;-) I
will also help anyone who wishes to work on it.

Also of note, the upcoming gdb-5.2.1 release will have avr support without
needing a patch.

Avarice-1.5 needs a patch to work with latest gdb. The patch is on the
simulavr website. Scott Finneran has the patch, but hasn't updated avarice
in a while.

Simulavr-0.1.0 works with latest gdb.

Ted Roth