[avr-gcc-list] inline debugging stk200/stk500 and gdb 5.x

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] inline debugging stk200/stk500 and gdb 5.x
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:12:05 +0200 (MEST)

Hi all,

we have discussed the missing jtag support from atmel the last days. So I
search
for an alternativ way. I have an older version of avr-mon (0.6) which is not
usable with actual gdb versions and needs an incompatible patch to work.
(incompatible to simulavr). Also there is no support for rs232 debugging on
stk500
or? Ok, the 6 pin header for seriall programming might be used, or?

Is there an idea to bring the avr-mon code into a actual state here?
I´m not able to do that, because I do know nothing about the
gdb low level functionality. So there is no way for gdb patches and such
things.
But it seems to be not such a big problem to make the inline code
workable on an UART or?

OK, i will have a look in the avr code now. If somebody can help to get
gdb working with it? It should be use the same interface like the simulavr
or?
Help strictly welcome. :-)

Thanks
   Klaus