Re: autoreconf warning message: autom4te: cannot lockautom4te.cache/requ

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: autoreconf warning message: autom4te: cannot lockautom4te.cache/requests with mode 2: Invalid argument
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:18:48 -0600

David Byron wrote:
> If not, are there any suggestions either for how to built perl
> differently or some other way to deal with this?
>
> Thanks much.  Sorry for all the questions.  I'm new to HP-UX and building
> perl with my own two hands.

On your HP-UX machine, what does this say?

  /opt/perl/bin/perl -v

Depending upon your release of HP-UX the vendor perl there should be
quite sufficient for autoconf and automake.  It works for me.  What is
the value of /usr/bin/perl on your system?

  ls -ld /usr/bin/perl

By default that will be a symlink to /opt/perl/bin/perl on new'ish
HP-UX systems.

I believe it is quite likely that you will not need to build perl
yourself at all.

Bob