Re: please bring back program suffix for autoconf bin files

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: Re: please bring back program suffix for autoconf bin files
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 17:38:17 -0800

Ben Pfaff wrote:
Dan Kegel <address@hidden> writes:

That's a nice feature of Debian, but unfortunately,
it does not help in the case of somebody trying to
write a shell script that must invoke autoconf-2.13
no matter what distro (Debian, Cygwin, or Red Hat)
it runs on.  For such a shell script, having a standard
way to invoke exactly autoconf-2.13 is a must.

"must"?  You can't test what name it's available under?

Oh, foo.  Yes, I could provide my own standard way
to invoke autoconf-2.13.  Maybe I could even write
an autoconf macro for it.

I'm going away now.  I'm sorry I ever tried to improve things.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com