RE: please bring back program suffix for autoconf bin files

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: RE: please bring back program suffix for autoconf bin files
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:05:17 -0800

That's a nice feature of Debian, but unfortunately,
it does not help in the case of somebody trying to
write a shell script that must invoke autoconf-2.13
no matter what distro (Debian, Cygwin, or Red Hat)
it runs on.  For such a shell script, having a standard
way to invoke exactly autoconf-2.13 is a must.
- Dan