autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: Some replacements

From: Francesco Salvestrini
Subject: Re: Some replacements
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 17:11:41 +0200

On Saturday 01 August 2009, Peter Simons wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
>  > I ended up with the macros too late (in the night...) to give them a
>  > good shape. I got some time to collect the crumbs left in my repository
>  > thus:
>  >
>  > 0001-Workaround-for-1-dot-problem.patch: Is the workaround for the 1 dot
>  > version problem I started hacking from.
>
> yes, software development tends to be an iterative process. :-)

We're human beings after all ...

> I have applied your patch to the master branch. IMHO, it would be
> perfectly okay to commit and push relatively small changes such as these
> directly to the repository. Going through the patch tracker (or the
> mailing list) is fine, too, of course, because it makes the whole
> procedure nicely transparent.

I used both tracker and mailing list to have more eyes over the patch. Since
the 1-dot patch is a work-around tested only for few moments in my
environment ... a broader peer-review could have improved the final result.

Have a good day,
Francesco

--
Neuroses are red,