autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: Some replacements

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: Some replacements
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 21:09:06 +0200

Hi Francesco,

 > I ended up with the macros too late (in the night...) to give them a good
 > shape. I got some time to collect the crumbs left in my repository thus:
 >
 > 0001-Workaround-for-1-dot-problem.patch: Is the workaround for the 1 dot
 > version problem I started hacking from.

yes, software development tends to be an iterative process. :-)

I have applied your patch to the master branch. IMHO, it would be
perfectly okay to commit and push relatively small changes such as these
directly to the repository. Going through the patch tracker (or the
mailing list) is fine, too, of course, because it makes the whole
procedure nicely transparent.

Take care,
Peter