autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: Some replacements

From: Francesco Salvestrini
Subject: Re: Some replacements
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 11:56:44 +0200

Hi Peter,

On Saturday 01 August 2009, Peter Simons wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> your updates are now in the repository, thank you very much for your
> efforts.

Thank you :-)

> I haven't updated the HTML pages of the newly obsoleted macros
> yet, because I'd like to wait a couple of days to give the original
> author a chance to comment.

Obviously, there's no problem. Feedback appreciated.

> I don't think he'll mind, though, because
> the new versions have been clearly improved.

I ended up with the macros too late (in the night...) to give them a good
shape. I got some time to collect the crumbs left in my repository thus:

0001-Workaround-for-1-dot-problem.patch: Is the workaround for the 1 dot
version problem I started hacking from.

NOTE: This is a workaround only, it has some visual glitches on the final
report (it dumps version 1.5.0 instead 1.5 on notices). All the notes I
stated previously still apply.

0002-Give-credit-where-credit-is-due.patch: Obviously credits are due to all
the authors. I used cut-copy-paste-slash too much. Authors name shouldn't
disappear from the repository if their macros get obsolete. My fault, sorry.

Please rearrage them as you wish.

> Unfortunately, I have no clue how to reach Angus Lees, the original
> author of AC_PATH_GENERIC. His e-mail address became invalid a while
> ago.

Have a good day,
Francesco

--
She is descended from a long line that her mother listened to.
                -- Gypsy Rose Lee