Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-next-error window resizing

From: Fabio Leimgruber
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-next-error window resizing
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:19:25 +0100

> Not sure what you mean here.  If you set `TeX-show-compilation' to t you
> will see the output of compilation immediately.  But it seems what you
> are after is rather a list of errors.

This is almost it. What I am after is the help window that you get when
calling TeX-next-error - preferably with point at the position where the
error is explained.

> M-:
> (progn
>   (switch-to-buffer-other-window (TeX-active-buffer))
>   (goto-char (point-max))
>   (forward-line -20))
> <RET>
>
> Obviously you can put this into a function if you need it often.

Thanks for this snippet. I think that will work with what I am trying to
do...

One last question: I want to call TeX-next-error from another function
and the doc says: (TeX-next-error reparse). So what is this reparse
argument? Which argument do I have to pass?

Thanks,
FL