Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-next-error window resizing

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-next-error window resizing
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 18:44:32 +0100

* FabioL (2010-02-11) writes:

> I want to have a 'compilation' window for AUCTeX. Ideally it should update
> itself and jump to error messages when I compile with C-c C-c. I tried to
> approximate to this behaviour by setting the variable window-size-fixed to
> value 'height'. This *should* fix the height, but on every C-c `
> (TeX-next-error), this window gets resized to half the frame size - very
> annoying.

It works if you display the output buffer in a separate window, resize
the window and then set `window-size-fixed' with point in the window of
the LaTeX file.

> Why is there no facility for this in AUCTeX - or is there any? Doc does not
> mention it...

There is `TeX-show-compilation' but that does not influence the size of
the window.  I guess nobody has thought it would be worthwhile to keep
the output window open all the time and waste the space it occupies.
(But by that logic it should probably be easier to get rid of the window
again.)