Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-next-error window resizing

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-next-error window resizing
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 16:38:44 +0100

* Fabio Leimgruber (2010-02-11) writes:

> Ralf Angeli wrote:
>>
>> There is `TeX-show-compilation' but that does not influence the size of
>> the window.  I guess nobody has thought it would be worthwhile to keep
>> the output window open all the time and waste the space it occupies.
>> (But by that logic it should probably be easier to get rid of the window
>> again.)
>>
> This variable is not helpful for me.
>
> The reason I came upon this issue is that during heavy lifting, i.e.
> checking out new packages and playing with options and combos, I find
> myself very often in the situation to press C-c ` after literally every
> LaTeX-run. This is annoying me. I want to have an output of compilation
> the moment I issue the compile command.

Not sure what you mean here.  If you set `TeX-show-compilation' to t you
will see the output of compilation immediately.  But it seems what you
are after is rather a list of errors.

> One further question though. What is the best approach to scroll the
> output window (compilation window for ecb) to a certain line number.
> Specifically, when in the source buffer window I want to run LaTeX and
> scroll the compilation window (i.e. other-window in this case) to
> end-of-buffer 'minus' 20 lines (meaning upwards from end-of-buffer).

M-:
(progn
  (switch-to-buffer-other-window (TeX-active-buffer))
  (goto-char (point-max))
  (forward-line -20))
<RET>

Obviously you can put this into a function if you need it often.