Re: [Adonthell-devel] Gentlemen, start your Windows!

From: cirrus
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Gentlemen, start your Windows!
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:58:08 +0000

Kai Sterker wrote:

> On 22 Apr 2002 15:33:46 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:
>
> > The main problem is how to handle the game directory. Actually, I
> > think we could set it to ".", and when Adonthell will be started from
> > the start menu the current directory will be the directory it resides
> > into, right? So they will match no matter where you have chosen to
> > install Adonthell.
>
> Yeah, that should work.
>
> The advantage of an installer over .zip files is that it'll work without
> an external tool and allows to display a README and the like as well as
> creating entries in the start menu and on the desktop (which means we'll
> need an icon - cirrus!?).

Okidoky.
Umm... I remember win icons are 32x32 and in some .ico format. If I
provided a bmp or something with the icon and a colour that is supposed
to become trasparent would anyone have a tool to convert it to ico?

I can make one for linux too (48x48 tiff with luvly translucency, heh
heh) - you could use that in the packages for the menu entries.

As for the design - I'll try and dream up a few variations and you can
choose one you like.

        -James
--
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821