[Adonthell-devel] i18n and python problem

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] i18n and python problem
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:31:25 +0200

On 12 Apr 2002 11:11:12 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> I hardly see how the i18l stuff could cause that assertion to fail.
> Feel free to commit even if it's broken, I'm curious to test it on my
> box too. I've manually set a variable to the same value under a Python
> console and tested the assertion, it works. Maybe some module you are
> importing before this one?

I just made a test. I removed the i18n stuff again, i.e. those 6 lines
of code

    // Init i18n
    setlocale (LC_ALL, "");

    // open the catalogue
    bindtextdomain (myconfig.game_name.c_str (),
"/usr/local/share/locale");    textdomain (myconfig.game_name.c_str ());

and everything works perfect. I also tried moving the code after python
initialization, but it does not make a difference. I'm not sure why this
is messing python up, but I guess if there is such a problem, it is know
already. So possibly there is something on the python ML about this.
(One thing to try would be to change the LC_ALL to LC_MESSAGES).

As for committing, I wanted to wait until the dialogue stuff works as
expected. Now that I don't get hundreds of python errors, debugging
should be simpler.

Anyway, don't worry that much about the stuff. I merely mentioned it to
explain why I wouldn't have a closer look at the windows issues
yesterday. But well, I'll fix the dialogues, commit and have a look at
the windows stuff afterwards. Plenty of work, as it seems, so it may
take a while ...