Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: i18n and python problem

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: i18n and python problem
Date: 12 Apr 2002 14:30:01 +0200

> > (One thing to try would be to change the LC_ALL to LC_MESSAGES).
>
> It _did_ fix the problem! So writing this mail actually helped :).

Eh - you've beaten me by two minutes! ;) (just received your two
messages about i18n and python problems after sending mine)

> > > Which makes me think: With our distributions, it might be worth to
> > > include the Python module files that are needed by Adonthell in the
> > > 'modules' directory (games could include extra ones as well). That
> > > way, Windows user (who probably don't have Python) will be able to
> > > play out of the box, and we'll be sure everyone is playing with the
> > > same files, which will make such debugging easier.
>
> It's a good idea, but I am not sure whether it would work. What for
> example would happen if we include the Python 2.1 modules, but a user is
> running 1.5.2, or 2.2? That's not a problem if we link statically to
> Python, which we'll probably do under Windows. But with dynamically
> linked Python, it might fail.

Ah, you're definitely right. We could still include them with the
Windows binary version however. Or maybe define our own random module
and only use OUR modules in the game. Well, still a bit early to take a
decision regarding this.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org