Re: [Adonthell-devel] New Windows test

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] New Windows test
Date: 09 Apr 2002 16:25:44 +0200

> Something is obviously screwed up. See for yourself:

Isn't it obvious?

get_block: I was requested to read 21952 bytes
get_block: and I've actually read 5132
                                  ^^^^
then:

My mem.reference: 5132
                  ^^^^
Uh-oh! First, get_block doesn't read the correct amount of bytes. This
is not a buggy behavior though - it's up to me to check whether the
correct amount of bytes has been read, and to call the reading function
as many times as necessary. It just works on Linux and doesn't on
Windows.

But "this" get overriden by the number of read bytes! Mmmm. I'm
investigating the matter, Lady Silverhair!

> > I meant - is it a Windows version of GDB? (obviously, yes) What
> > environment do you use, do you have Cygwin of Mingw32 installed on
> > Windows?
>
> Cygwin. I also tried to recompile stuff with cygwin, but it claims it
> cannot find the source files. Don't know whats wrong. It's just odd.

Yup. It could be interesting to see how it works with Cygwin (which
comes with mingw32, so that's just fine as you don't have to rely on the
whole Cygwin library).

I'll try to see what's wrong with the cross-compiled binary.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org