Re: [Adonthell-devel] New Windows test

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] New Windows test
Date: 09 Apr 2002 15:03:06 +0200

> > What is needed to compile all this? I can always run it through a
> > debugger(Visual C++ though) if its easy to get compiled.
>
> SDL and zlib.

Yep. With them it should be easy to compile, even on VC++. Binary
packages and instructions can be found on SDL's site (and FAQ), if I
remember correctly.

> > Output this time:
> [...]
> > image::raw2display
>
> Looks like the crash really happens in drawable::set_length(). The
> backtrace remained the same too.

Rhaaa. WTF?? How come that everything has been fine so far with the
image and that it fails setting a single member variable??

drawable::set_length() is successfully called several times before.
Could it be, that "this" is no more valid? Or is the cross compiler
screwing up? This is improbable, as it is widely used, but...

> > > What version of gdb it is btw?
>
> 5.0

I meant - is it a Windows version of GDB? (obviously, yes) What
environment do you use, do you have Cygwin of Mingw32 installed on
Windows?

Anyway - if you still feel like downloading and testing, you can run
this new one:

http://www.gnurou.org/adonthell-stuff/wintest.tgz

It will display info about "this", which will hopefully be helpfull.

Thanks,
Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org