Re: [Adonthell-devel] Autoconf problem

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Autoconf problem
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:36:15 +0200

On 23 Apr 2002 20:10:55 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> But uh, I don't understand why, but I get these problems with po/
> back. top_builddir isn't declared, so make doesn't work unless I fix
> the Makefile myself. I'm well using autoconf 2.53 and automake 1.4 -
> so it should be ok, but unfortunately it isn't.

Sorry, that line was removed again when I updated gettext to the latest
version. It is still odd that is working for me, but not for you!
Sitting in front of my Debian-box right now.

> And after that, gettext get compiled - which is just the right
> behavior. Unfortunately:
>
> intl/localename.c:630: `LANG_SORBIAN' undeclared (first use in this
> function)

Nah, I didn't get that problem either. But if you look at that file, it
reads near the top:

/* Mingw headers don't have latest language and sublanguage codes.  */

Guess LANG_SORBIAN is missing too. Just define it and you'll be okay.

> Just upgraded to the latest gettext, still the same. Do you have any
> idea Kai? Can you please test to compile that directory on your
> machine? And tell me how I can force our gettext to be build when
> compiling natively?

You can compile it by using the --with-included-gettext configure
option. I did that and it worked without problems.

For now you could --disable-nls altogether and concentrate on the more
important stuff, but of course we'll have to include it sooner or later.
But maybe it'll work already with above define.