Re: [Adonthell-devel] Autoconf problem

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Autoconf problem
Date: 04 Apr 2002 13:53:46 +0200

> > It is (was) not in the CVS, and IMO it is not necessary because it
> > should be built by autogen (but I am not sure, I don't fully understand
> > that autoconf/automake system anyway :)
>
> You're right. See, I just ran into the same problem (ltconfig didn't
> exist!). It looks like there is a problem with our acinclude.m4. We copy
> many many macros that shouldn't be, from what I see, hence the problem
> with some versions of autoconf/automake. I'm having a look right now.

Okay, look like it's working now. At least on my system ;) Please update
your CVS copies and try it wherever you can.

I've just removed m4 macros that should already exist in
/usr/share/aclocal (SDL and so on), kept the two ones that we really
need (AM_PATH_PYTHON and AM_CHECK_FT2) and copied the entire libtool
macro into acinclude.m4, as the libtool manual advices to do.

The result is that ltconfig isn't generated anymore (!) and doesn't
seems to be used neither. But everything builds fine. Only ltmain.sh and
libtool are created to libtoolize and configure, and everything goes
fine.

Kai, as you did the autoconf/automake/aclocal stuff before, you might
notice things where I've screwed up - especially for not including SDL
macros, but anyway they should be perfectly accessible from
/usr/share/aclocal. Anyway, if you see something that's wrong, feel free
to revert! :)

Please have a test! (don't forget to remove lt* and libtool and to
./autogen.sh before compiling)
Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org