Re: [Adonthell-devel] Autoconf problem

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Autoconf problem
Date: 04 Apr 2002 12:18:50 +0200

le ven 29-03-2002 à 09:41, Thorsten Riess a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> > I've upgraded to autoconf 2.53, automake 1.4 and libtool 1.4.2a,
> > everything runs without problems.
> >
> > Normally ltconfig is included into the CVS, isn't it? I don't see how
> > it could be missing.
>
> It is (was) not in the CVS, and IMO it is not necessary because it
> should be built by autogen (but I am not sure, I don't fully understand
> that autoconf/automake system anyway :)

You're right. See, I just ran into the same problem (ltconfig didn't
exist!). It looks like there is a problem with our acinclude.m4. We copy
many many macros that shouldn't be, from what I see, hence the problem
with some versions of autoconf/automake. I'm having a look right now.

> I use linux from scratch, no distro :) As I understand the whole
> libtool-autoconf/automake communication has been changed in the 1.4.x
> versions of libtool, yet again, I am not sure. I will have a closer
> look at that problem next week!

LFS? Wow! A Real Man ;)

Alex.
--