ac-archive-maintainers

Re: More on CVS layout

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: More on CVS layout
Date: 25 Jan 2005 07:05:32 +0100

Tom Howard writes:

 > If you had simply told me you were going to do this, I
 > could have at least have said "please wait a until I
 > commit my licence changes", which would have saved me
 > heaps of work, I could have also warned you about the
 > affects of such a move and suggested an alternative.

If you hadn't added lots of verbatim text into files but had
just called

  for n in "foo.m4 ..."; do
    sed <$n >$n.new -e '/@license .*/@license AllPermissive/'
    mv $n.new $n
  done

with the appropriate list of files, like I _explained_ you
should do right after you volunteered, then the file
movement wouldn't have affected you at all.

Perplexing, isn't it?

I am sorry for your wasted efforts. I really am.
Nonetheless: when I agree with someone to do one thing, but
he goes ahead and does something completely different, then
I don't see how I would be responsible when things go wrong.
So please don't blame me.

Peter