xnee-devel

[Xnee-devel] Re: [Bug-xnee] Bug ?

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: [Xnee-devel] Re: [Bug-xnee] Bug ?
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 10:55:45 +0100 (CET)

> btw: perhaps a hint in the error-message could be helpful to users !?
> something like "RECORD extension missing - please add appropriate option
> your X-Server configuration"
You are right.

>> > # xnee --record -o exmaple3.xnr --device-event-range 5-6 --time 5
>> --loops 20
>> > Error recevied.... on display=134651704
>> > Error recevied.... on display=134651704
>> This has been reported eariler. Don't do anything. Your recording hasn't
>> failed.
> sorry - but that message made me think the tool didn`t work. i just moved
> the mouse a little bit and i got that error message very quickly and the
> tool seemed to have stopped working. since traffic was so low on the ML i
> thought i hit a "problem" because i used an probably outdated tool on a
> recent X-server - and probably others didn`t try it before. it happened
> quite often in my admin life that i hit a problem with an
> outdated/unpopular
> tool on recent linux distributions.
WIll add a comment that this is nothing to worry about.

> .... popular...
OK, Xnee is not the most widespread tool. Perhaps not even the second
largest. Thats is not the goal of Xnee.

> - spending some time to find a binary package at all ?
I am developing rpms (beta version can be found at www.sandklef.com/xnee/
... beta is the word)

--
Henrik Sandklef     address@hidden