xnee-devel

[Xnee-devel] Re: [Bug-xnee] Bug ?

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: [Xnee-devel] Re: [Bug-xnee] Bug ?
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 02:34:04 +0100

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 16:31, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi !
> I want to use xnee on my SuSE 9.1 (Xfree 4.3).
> The first problem I hit, was that extension "RECORD" was missing, but I
> added "record" in XF86Config - that seemed to work - xdpyinfo showed, that
> "RECORD" extension is available now.
This is mentioned in the FAQ:
  http://www.gnu.org/software/xnee/www/manual/xnee.html#SEC116
So why do you bring this up here. And you already have solved it!

> Unfortunately I get the following error very quickly, after a start moving
> the mouse:
>
> # xnee --record -o exmaple3.xnr --device-event-range 5-6 --time 5 --loops 20
> Error recevied.... on display=134651704
> Error recevied.... on display=134651704
>
> What does that mean or what can I do ?
This has been reported eariler. Don't do anything. Your recording hasn't failed.

> Unfortunately xnee doesn`t seem to be very popular - so problably not many
> people use it actually -
I assume you base this on something. What? Would be nice to know.
Do you say this to chear us up?

>  i even had problems finding a binary distribution,
You "even had problems.......". What do you mean???? You are more than
welcome to provide binaries.

> because i had problems compiling it.
OK, your email doesn't give us very much information on what fails.
What went wrong.... Compiling? Linking?
What Xnee version?
What compiler/version?
What does the compiler/linker say?
If you do want the problem(s) to be solved I think you will have a
better chance if you give us information about the faults.

> regards
do you mean that?

> roland
with email: address@hidden
It is always nice to know who you are dealing with.

/h