xnee-devel

[Xnee-devel] Re: [Bug-xnee] Bug ?

From: for_spam
Subject: [Xnee-devel] Re: [Bug-xnee] Bug ?
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 17:01:18 +0100 (MET)

Hello Henrik,

i`m sorry that you felt offended by my mail - but that wasn`t my intention
to offend you or anybody else or critizise xnee.

i found that i had a problem running xnee and i would like to get some help
in solving that problem.

> So why do you bring this up here. And you already have solved it!
what`s the problem bringing that here again? i just tell, what i did and i
solved that even without the FAQ. Why is it a problem that i mention it?
btw: perhaps a hint in the error-message could be helpful to users !?
something like "RECORD extension missing - please add appropriate option to
your X-Server configuration"

> > # xnee --record -o exmaple3.xnr --device-event-range 5-6 --time 5
> --loops 20
> > Error recevied.... on display=134651704
> > Error recevied.... on display=134651704
> This has been reported eariler. Don't do anything. Your recording hasn't
> failed.
sorry - but that message made me think the tool didn`t work. i just moved
the mouse a little bit and i got that error message very quickly and the
tool seemed to have stopped working. since traffic was so low on the ML i
thought i hit a "problem" because i used an probably outdated tool on a
recent X-server - and probably others didn`t try it before. it happened
quite often in my admin life that i hit a problem with an outdated/unpopular
tool on recent linux distributions.