Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-0.7 release candidate 1 !!

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-0.7 release candidate 1 !!
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 22:45:21 +0200

Hi Joop,

Some ramdom reports before 0.7 releases:

* segfault:
  When I do Ctrl-O to open a new log, from the "select a log" dialog
  box, I go up in the directories (../..), then down to my logfile
  directory (still using double click), select a file,
  and then, whe I click the combo box to change type to "adif",
  xlog seg faults. IOW, it's because of the file loading.
  Must be related to readdir somehow, because the last strace line
  is the following:

  open("/home/fillods/RA/logfile/wb5nhl.adi",
O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_LARGEFILE|O_DIRECTORY) = -1 ENOTDIR (Not a directory)
  --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) ---
  +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++

  The seg fault seems to come out of libqt (like passing a bad pointer).
  gdb makes my X server crash..

  If you can't reproduce it, I can spend more time on it.

* hamlib capabilities
  My rig does not support LEVEL_RFPOWER retrieval. However, when I click
  on the "Power" button in the QSO window of Hamlib, I get a big
  "UNKNOWN". Would it be possible to check for
rig_has_get_level(RIG_LEVEL_RFPOWER)
  and put a default default (from prefs) value in the field (thus Ctrl-K is
still handy).
  The same applies for other fields.

* RST?
  The TX(RST) field in the QSO window sometimes reports "510", and no,
  I'm not operating CW at that time. This simply happens when
  rig_get_strength reports over S9.. Would it be possible to chech the
  ceiling?

* QSO list
  when moving around in the QSO list (I happen to do that), using the
  page down first and the cursor down make the highlighted QSO to be
  different thant the selected one. This does not break anything,
  but it is not expected behaviour (I guess page up/down is at fault).
  Pressing space key makes it okay again.

* dup checking
  I don't see exactly how Dupe check works. It looks like it stops on
  first callsign dupe found.
  That'd be neat for future releases to have the already-seen callsign flag
  as you typin, you were talking about with the kpsk guys.

* hamlib.m4
  before releasing xlog, I'd like to send you a patch to support non
  standard installation of hamlib (ie. arbitrary install dir),
  including support for forthcoming pkg-config.

Let me know if you need help with the french translation.
So far xlog brought everything I needed. I'm a satiated man :)

Cheers,
Stephane