Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-0.7 release candidate 1 !!

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-0.7 release candidate 1 !!
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:52:16 +0200

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> > Some ramdom reports before 0.7 releases:
>
> Aaah, something to chew on.... :-)

chomp chomp ;-)

> > * hamlib capabilities
> >   My rig does not support LEVEL_RFPOWER retrieval. However, when I click
> >   on the "Power" button in the QSO window of Hamlib, I get a big
> >   "UNKNOWN". Would it be possible to check for
> > rig_has_get_level(RIG_LEVEL_RFPOWER)
> >   and put a default default (from prefs) value in the field (thus Ctrl-K is
> > still handy).
> >   The same applies for other fields.
> >

> Okay. Would you mind if I put this in 0.8beta1? At this point
> I don't want to introduce any changes (and possible bugs) to the GUI.
> But will put it on the top of the TODO list.

That's okay with me.

> > * RST?
> >   The TX(RST) field in the QSO window sometimes reports "510", and no,
> >   I'm not operating CW at that time. This simply happens when
> >   rig_get_strength reports over S9.. Would it be possible to chech the
> >   ceiling?
> >

> Haven't seen this one. I will try to reproduce/fix it.

I'll try to give you some traces (like the value returned by get_strength).

> > * dup checking
> >   I don't see exactly how Dupe check works. It looks like it stops on
> >   first callsign dupe found.
>
> This means you only have one dupe in the log (same station worked on the
> same band/mode)?

Sorry about that. I misunderstood the dialog box. Works fine.

BTW, how to you handle the band field being a frequency?

16 avr 2002  1730  1740  F4SGU     145525000   FM    57 59         50
IN97GV
28 avr 2002  2000  2022  F4SGU     144315000   SSB   59 59         50
IN97GV  avec son 4CX250
27 jun 2002  2100  2124  F4SGU     144320000   SSB   59+ 59+
                                   ^^^^^^^^^

> > * hamlib.m4
> >   before releasing xlog, I'd like to send you a patch to support non
> >   standard installation of hamlib (ie. arbitrary install dir),
> >   including support for forthcoming pkg-config.
>
> Okay, will wait for that.

Hopefully by sunday..

> > Let me know if you need help with the french translation.
>
> Jean-Luc took the job.

stealth but effective. It would be interesting to know how many users of
xlog there's out there.

> Me too. Liblogfile performs nicely!

I may add the kpsk Db logfile in next version.
BTW, does anybody know what is the submit log format for EU-Sprint?
I have it in xlog format (taken from paper log), and only one week left
for submiting.
Note: this week-end is CW round..

Cheers,
Stephane