Re: [Xlog-discussion] RE: Hold your (xlog-) horses - suggestion

From: Tomi Manninen
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] RE: Hold your (xlog-) horses - suggestion
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:06:22 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Stephane Fillod wrote:

> > what the application will send over. I don't want to restrict application
> > writers to much in the message format. The easier the format, the sooner
> > we will see application writers using it....
>
> yup!

But please remember that an ambiguous "protocol" specification is a pain
in the butt to implement and can easily result in incompatibilities later.
That's why I would like to have some of the fields very rigidly specified
(the time field an example).

--
Tomi Manninen           Internet:  address@hidden
OH2BNS                  AX.25:     address@hidden