Re: [XForms] automated regression tests for XForms

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] automated regression tests for XForms
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 02:05:32 +0100

Hi Paul,

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 12:12:20AM +0000, Paul wrote:
> I suggested Xnee last May but haven't had time to try it.

I remembered that someone did, but I didn't remember it
was you, sorry. I hope you don't mind.

> Of course, a regression test won't pick up existing bugs
> but it opens the way to do bug fixes or major refactoring
> with confidence.

It may even catch some existing bugs when someone takes
a closer look at what happens and notices that it isn't
what it's supposed to be;-)

> A framework in which any of us can contribute tests would
> be nice.   There are a huge number of functions to exercise
> so it'll need a group effort.

Definitely! But someone has to get the ball rolling. If
Alessandro feels like doing that I at least won't complain;-)

                         Best regards, Jens