Re: [XBoard-devel] beta version

From: Eric Mullins
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] beta version
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:20:26 -0600

Do we want to name the JAWS binary differently? I'm thinking it would be a good idea, if for no other reason than they can then coexist in the same directory.

With regard to the JAWS binary distribution, I suggest we package both. If the installer compression is any good, it will contribute little extra to the size of the package. (I'm assuming NSIS, which I use.)

Finally, following is the version information I intend to add:
BEGIN
   BLOCK "StringFileInfo"
   BEGIN
       BLOCK "040904b0"
       BEGIN
#ifdef JAWS
           VALUE "Comments", "Includes support for JAWS screen reader\0"
#else
           VALUE "Comments", "\0"
#endif
           VALUE "CompanyName", "GNU Project\0"
           VALUE "FileDescription", "32 bit GUI for chess\0"
           VALUE "FileVersion", "4.4.0k\0"
           VALUE "InternalName", "winboard\0"
           VALUE "LegalCopyright", "GPLv3 Copyright © 2009\0"
           VALUE "LegalTrademarks", "\0"
           VALUE "OriginalFilename", "winboard.exe\0"
           VALUE "PrivateBuild", "\0"
           VALUE "ProductName", "Winboard\0"
           VALUE "ProductVersion", "4.4.0k\0"
#ifdef JAWS
VALUE "SpecialBuild", "JAWS (Job Access With Speech) accessiblity build\0"
#else
           VALUE "SpecialBuild", "\0"
#endif
       END
   END
   BLOCK "VarFileInfo"
   BEGIN
       VALUE "Translation", 0x409, 1200
   END
END

Any suggestions before I commit it? (This stuff will show up when you secondary click the exe and choose properties.)