vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Goldwater Domains are working

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Goldwater Domains are working
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:30:32 +0100

On Monday 29 July 2002 18:15, Eric Altendorf wrote:

> By the way, is it possible to run multiple domains on a single
> machine?  I only have one machine, and I'd like to be able to run
> multiple domains for development and testing.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Install the middleware, create two user account, create an
'application' that uses the middleware in each of these accounts (each with
slightly different configuration parameters like port number, domain name
etc), run each application and get them talking.

It's no different to booting multiple webservers with different port numbers
on a single machine.  There's just more to it with the middleware.

Chris

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.