[vile] What do I need to do to get £ sign (GB P, pound sterling) to dis

From: Chris Green
Subject: [vile] What do I need to do to get £ sign (GB P, pound sterling) to display in vile?
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 12:07:40 +0100

I guess I must have left out a compilation option (or something) when
I built vile, I'm seeing '\u00A3' when I type £ (GBP pound sign).
I.e. my UTF8 setting has gon awry somewhere.

The GBP sign is actually entered correctly and displays OK when I cat
the file in a terminal etc.  It's also working correctyl in xvile.

Versions are as follows:-
    chris$ xvile -V
    xvile version 9.8m for linux-gnu, installed Mon Mar 31 13:12:48 2014
    chris$ vile -V
    vile version 9.8m for linux-gnu, installed Sun Apr 27 11:19:45 2014

So all that's wrong is that UTF8 extended characters are not
displaying correctly in vile.

--
Chris Green