Re: [vile] What do I need to do to get £ sign (GBP , pound sterling) to

From: Chris Green
Subject: Re: [vile] What do I need to do to get £ sign (GBP , pound sterling) to display in vile?
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 08:22:47 +0100

On Fri, May 09, 2014 at 08:10:55AM +0100, Chris Green wrote:

> > > ncurses
> >
> > You have to use "ncursesw" to get a UTF-8-capable display.
> >
> I don't remember using ncursesw before.  However, more to the point if
> I do:-
>
>     ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-perl --with-screen=ncursesw
>
> ... and then make, I get a compile error:-

[snip]

... then I thought "why am I using ncurses?".  I've just built without
the '--with-screen=ncursesw' so it defaults to tcap/terminfo and all
seems well.  I can't quite remember why I've been using ncurses, I'm
sure there *was* a reason once!  It may have been that I copied across
my Sun Solaris build options many moons ago.

Anyway I seem to be sorted now, thanks all.

--
Chris Green