Re: [vile] Colour problem with vile on upgrade from Xubuntu 13.10 to Xub

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Colour problem with vile on upgrade from Xubuntu 13.10 to Xubuntu 14.04
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 10:51:29 -0400

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 01:51:27PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> I have just upgraded my system from Xubuntu 13.10 to Xubuntu 14.04, I
> had to recompile vile (and xvile) because some of the libraries had
> changed.

hmm (I only recall perl as being a problem).  I've started setting up a 14.04
VM, to see what I can reproduce.

That will be problematic, since Ubuntu lags a year or so behind getting on
board with VMware Tools (the easiest way of fixing its display resolution).
The system settings displays are cleverly designed to shove the active controls
out of reach on an 800x600 display.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net