[vile] Colour problem with vile on upgrade from Xubuntu 13.10 to Xubuntu

From: Chris Green
Subject: [vile] Colour problem with vile on upgrade from Xubuntu 13.10 to Xubuntu 14.04
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 13:51:27 +0100

I have just upgraded my system from Xubuntu 13.10 to Xubuntu 14.04, I
had to recompile vile (and xvile) because some of the libraries had
changed.

I also applied the latest vile patch, I was previously on 9.8l, now
I'm on 9.8m.

I remembered to keep my vile.keywords file (I've forgotten that too
many times in the past to be caught again!).

However my syntax highlighting has gone somewhat awry as follows
(example from a C source file):-

    The first line is always lightgrey.  Nearly always it should be
    green for comment.  The remaining lines of a block comment at the
    top of a program are correctly coloured green.   All other
    comments in the program are correctly coloured green.

    Everything that should be in the default black is in lightgrey.

I *think* that's all that's wrong but it's a little difficult to tell
without a reference, ...., thinks, I can probably check on my netbook.
...., yes, the above seems to be all that's wrong.  The first line is
the wrong colour and the default black has become lightgrey.

It seems that what's happened is:-

    The first line is always lightgrey (default colour)

    The default colour has changed from black to lightgrey

Note:-
    What I have called lightgrey is called White sometimes (as opposed
    to BrightWhite), is lightgray in PC parlance and xvile calls it 7.

    What I have called black is what xvile calls 0.

--
Chris Green