[vile] 9.8h and +'command' or -c 'command'

From: Wayne Cuddy
Subject: [vile] 9.8h and +'command' or -c 'command'
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 16:59:21 -0400

When starting vile from mutt my muttrc file passes this option to vile
to force it into mailmode.

+"set-mode mailmode"

When I attempt this with 9.8h I get the following startup error:

[Reading /usr/local/share/vile/.vilerc]
[Read 151 lines from "/usr/local/share/vile/.vilerc"  (read-only)]
[Reading /usr/local/share/vile/filters.rc]
[Reading /usr/local/share/vile/modes.rc]
[Reading /usr/local/share/vile/palettes.rc]
[Improper line range 'set-mode mailmode']

I upgraded from 9.8f so I don't know if g exhibited the same behavior.

Am I doing something wrong that just hasn't been caught until now?
mailmode is properly activated on previous versions. This doesn't just
happen for mailmode, it happens for pretty much anything that is passed.

Wayne