Re: [vile] Simplest way to set X resources for xvile when running as a r

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Simplest way to set X resources for xvile when running as a remote client?
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:48:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, Brendan O'Dea wrote:

On 24 August 2010 00:22, Chris G <address@hidden> wrote:
Hmmm, I've finally got back to this problem, I can't get XAPPLRESDIR
to do anything useful at all.

I've removed my .Xresources file so that xrdb doesn't automatically
load the resources.  (xrdb -q returns nothing about xvile, so that has
worked)

I've copied the Xvile resources to ~/.app-defaults/Xvile and I have
set XAPPLRESDIR to point to it:-

   export XAPPLRESDIR=~/.app-defaults/Xvile

Did you mean to include the trailing Xvile here?  You should not
include it in the variable.  Note also that the filename should have a
capital "V".

agree - The environment variable is for a directory, not a file.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net