[vile] Simplest way to set X resources for xvile when running as a remot

From: Chris G
Subject: [vile] Simplest way to set X resources for xvile when running as a remote client?
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:41:09 +0100

What's the simplest way to set the X resources for xvile running on a
remote client?

When running xvile on my desktop machine (i.e. both X client and
server are the same machine) it's easy as the resources are in my
.Xresources file and get read and loaded automatically.  However this
doesn't work with a remote client.

Do I need to make a copy of the .Xresources on the remote machine and
install and run xrdb there, or is there a simpler way?

--
Chris Green